Sunday, August 23, 2009

O-H-I-O

FuN fUn FuN.... while in OhIo!

The Anderson and Ward children..

My newest little niece Magaret--'Maggie.' --- We just couldn't get enough of this little angel.




The Drive::

5 kids--There were more carseats than not in that ride.


The best passenger.... Almost There!!!
8 hours later.... We ARRIVED!
Day One::
We took the kids to the library for some movies and books....
And then we played QWIRKLE---my new favorite game!
Day Two:
Girls Day With NO Kiddies!

So, of course we did a little shopping && had some amazing Chipotle' for lunch
But then there was dinner && a movie!

We saw "The Proposal" which was VERY funny!

Had some good ol' Mexicano...

Day 3::
The Toleda Zoo.
It was hotttt! But the kids loved it.

Spotted seal--Belly up!
And... My Favorite!
The POLAR BEAR.

I don't know why it was SO cute seeing this huge bear swim around!

He put on a good show!

This is all Tee wanted to do... Sweaty kid wanted some of his "Amma's" Diet Coke!
(Yes, I'm Amma and Erika--his mom is Mamma)

Terrifying looking "spider crab"
Sushi making:: ♥


Tater--with his delicous Cali Roll.

MmMmM! Little rolls of heaven....

These scrumpcious rolls went perfect with Qwirkle!

The Pro's!

Day 3::
During the drive , Erika and I kept seeing ponds that looked crystal blue && so appealing-- Leah has a friend that has a HUGE pond! It was so nice...
Clean, blue water--with a white sand beach.
A nice dock to jump off of/kayaking/paddle boating/fishing/TONS on swimming!
Notice Duce is crawling && Erika is a little frazzled??? About 30 seconds after arriving--The kids were SO excited-the water looked a little deeper than he thought... One cannon ball in 6 inches of water = a very sad boy & a sprained ankle.

Tons of FUN!
I have family that lives in Ohio--the Dayton area... Going on this trip made me think of all of the many trips I took with my grandpa when I was little... He passed away on August 15th 2000. We were in Ohio during that time--I thought of him & how much I miss him! But we had an amazing, fun-filled vacation while our husbands were totally consumed with football! Thanks Ward family and Mom Munns for all of the fun, food, laughter, && memories!
♥♥♥
tti
ng

.

3 comments:

Sam said...

how fun... i really wih i could have been there!! Duces little disaster... CLASSIC!!

Leah W said...

That is a great post!!! I got laughing out loud at duce's cannon ball in 6 in of water!! Ha
So funny!

The Ranier Munns Family said...

How cute is your blog! Dad and I laughed and laughed over Jordan and his outfits. You are so funny, Shanda. For some reason I don't have you listed on our blog. How can I get you on our blog??